Research Test and Measurement Technician
Location: Ewing, NJ
Shift: 2nd Shift, 3:30PM- 12:30AM
A company located in Ewing, NJ is adding a new Research Test and Measurement Technician position to their team. The company is a world leader in the development of innovative organic light emitting device (OLED) technology for use in displays, lighting and other opto-electronic applications.
They are headquartered near Princeton, New Jersey. In a uniquely-designed, 55,000 square-foot facility, their team of scientists, engineers and business professionals perform leading-edge technology development, fabricate engineering prototypes, and engage in technology transfer with a variety of research, manufacturing and product development partners to promote the adoption of our proprietary OLED technologies.
They offer excellent career opportunities for those who thrive on cutting-edge research and development and have the drive to contribute directly to the success of the company. The technical team is a multi-disciplinary team that spans from organic materials’ experts to innovative display designers.
The Research Test Technician will operate optoelectronic test equipment to measure OLEDs fabricated at their facility. The test equipment is a custom designed system for testing the basic optoelectronic properties of the OLED.
- Maintain the test setup system and insure all equipment is in calibration.
- Run OLED tests through a PC interface and custom software.
- Gather data through the OLED test system and develop an understanding of the test procedure to insure the integrity of the data.
- Trouble shoot test equipment with the assistance of other engineers who designed the test system.
- Record, log and analyze test procedures
- Interface with other team members scheduling the test runs.
- Assist with special projects, as needed.
- Be prepared to work extended shifts and come in on weekends when necessary.
- Ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing with peers and management.
- AA degree in physics, engineering, or related field is a plus
- Demonstrated attention to detail
- Ability to work efficiently & effectively with minimal supervision
- Experience with computer applications such as MS Word and familiar with various internet software programs
- Proficient in MS Excel; experience with MS Power Point highly desirable
- Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner
- Actively participates and contributes to a team environment
- Willingness to commit to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals
- Follows instructions, responds to management direction
*This is role is on the 2nd shift.