Position: Radiologic Technologist - Urgent Care
Schedule: Full-Time, Monday, Wednesday, Friday and every third weekend
Location: Lansdale, PA
The Radiology Tech performs imaging, utilizing the appropriate equipment for the purpose of diagnosis and treatment planning with regards to patient care. The incumbent demonstrates competency in skills necessary to care for patients served. Competent to perform general X-Rays. Good technical and communication skills required. Ability to work with all levels from staff to physicians. Ability to triage quickly in a fast paced work environment.
- Selects appropriate equipment and supplies needed to perform each procedure in order to provide continuity of care.
- Selects proper technical factors according to established protocol and study requested in order to produce quality images.
- Positions the patient according to established protocol in order to provide optimum diagnostic information.
- Assists radiologists and staff physicians as requested in order to promote continuity of care.
- Performs quality control on all completed studies prior to radiologist interpretation in order to assure optimum information and verifies all studies in PACS.
- Insures equipment viability through performing established warm up procedure and equipment quality control.
- Calibrates equipment and performs required quality control procedures on a daily basis in order to assure equipment viability.
- Communicates procedural instructions to all patients prior to examination in order to assure patient comprehension.
- Reviews the daily patient schedule in order to maximize efficiency and minimize patient waiting time.
- Practices proper infection control.
- Practices ALARA for Radiation Protection.
- Understands and makes decisions that align with the mission, values and strategic plan.
- Demonstrates the values of Compassion, Integrity, Respect, Collaboration, Leadership, Excellence and Service.
- Adheres to the Code of Conduct Policy.
- Ensures that services are provided in accordance with state and federal regulations, organizational policies and accreditation and compliance regulations.
- Complies with all HIPAA and privacy regulations.
- Actively participates in safety initiatives and risk mitigating measures where appropriate and completes all safety related competencies and requirements. Works safely by eliminating unnecessary risks by utilizing available equipment, procedures and resources.
- Adheres with all organizational policies and procedures.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- Performs unrelated duties based upon operational needs in an emergency.
- Vocational diploma from an AMA approved radiologic technology program required.
- Radiological Technologist Certification required.
- Associates Degree from an AMA approved radiologic technology program and over 1-3 years' experience as an Imaging Services Technologist preferred.
- Ability to make quality, independent decisions.
- Demonstrated written communication skills.
- Strong verbal communication and listening skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated time management and priority setting skills.