Job Title: CNC Operator
Shift: Monday – Friday 8:00AM – 4:30PM
Status: Full Time; 40 hours per week
Location: Broomall, PA
The CNC machine Operator is responsible for fabricating parts from a variety of materials according to work order specifications using an OMAX waterjet machining center.
In addition to fabricating parts the waterjet operator is also responsible for the following:
- Maintaining a clean and safe workspace
- Maintain equipment
- Troubleshoot operation issues by reading and understanding technical manuals
- Interpret customer supplied CAD drawings
- Create CAD drawings and CNC program to fabricate parts
- Using OMAX propriety software(G-code not required)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Provide clean and dry parts for inspection and shipping
- Use digital calipers to inspect dimensional tolerances
- Finish parts using benchtop and hand tools
- Able to communicate, write and read English
- Teamwork - Ability to interact with employees at all levels
- Ability to take and follow directions
- Advanced math skills
- Attention to details
- Advanced computer skills
- Familiar with and able to use hand tools: tape measure, screwdriver, etc.
- Maintain good safety record
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of the job, the employee is frequently required to sit, stand, bend, walk, squat for full work day.
- The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear.
- The employee must routinely handle objects weighing up to 60 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Previous CNC experience not required
Due to the possibility of severe injuries while operating the waterjet, a zero tolerance for drug and/or alcohol use must be enforced. If the operator is suspected of being under the influence the operator will immediately be asked to consent to a screening. Positive test results will result in termination; even for a first offense.
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED) not required but preferred