Job Title: Machine Press Operator
Shift: Monday – Friday 6:00AM – 3:30PM
Status: Full Time; 40 hours per week
Reports to: Production Manager
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- The Machine Press Operator is responsible for fulfilling all Work Orders in a timely manner.
- Employee is responsible to pick the orders and fulfill Work Order accurately and as directed. The pace of picking orders is fast and the employee must have attention to detail.
- Operates at least one major piece of equipment on any of the fabricating lines.
- Perform all the daily basic safety checks and observations, quality checks, checklists, and housekeeping
- Clear equipment jams
- Ensure compliance to quality control standards
- Maintain and support equipment
- Adheres to the requirements of the SOP’s
- Other duties as assigned
- Wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment and adheres to all safety procedures as documented in the Job Safety Analysis (JSA)
- Report safety hazards, quality and production issues to supervision immediately
- Participates in all job related safety training
- Complies with all Dooley Gasket & Seal Inc. policies and procedures and PA laws.
Education and Experience:
- Able to communicate, write and read English
- Teamwork - Ability to interact with employees at all levels
- Ability to take and follow directions
- Basic math skills
- Attention to details
- Basic computer skills
- Familiar with and able to use hand tools: tape measure, screwdriver, etc.
- Maintain good safety record
High school diploma or equivalent (GED) not required but preferred
Experience working in a manufacturing environment is preferred
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is essential to be completed while working at the Shop. Telecommuting is not possible for this position.
- While performing the duties of the job, the employee is occasionally required to sit.
- The employee is frequently required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear.
- The employee must routinely handle objects weighing up to 60 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.