McCloskey Partners, LLC is working on behalf of our client to fill this Project Manager position.
Diversity and Inclusion is a top priority for our client.
Candidates with an engineering background are ideal for this position. Our client would consider recent civil or mechanical engineering graduates.
Position – Project Manager
The Project Manager will report to the President, Vice President, Office Manager, Construction Manager, Chief Estimator and Senior Estimator. Construction project managers control the time, cost and quality of construction projects. They plan and coordinate all aspects of the construction process, including hiring and scheduling subcontractors and working with Vendors, Engineers, Owner and Government Agencies.
Project Managers determine the scheduling of different phases of the project based on established deadlines. Project Managers are to confer with supervisors or other managers to monitor construction progress, including worker productivity and compliance with building and safety codes. Project Managers must resolve problems that arise due to inclement weather, emergencies or other issues that may cause delays. Project Managers will negotiate with the assistance of a Supervisor, schedule and manage in- house workers, subcontractors, vendors, Engineers and Government Agencies.
Primary Job Responsibilities for Project Manager:
- Work with the Construction Manager to create and manage the daily, weekly and monthly schedule of all construction activities including but not limited to labor, material, equipment and subcontractors.
- Direct and supervise workers on a daily basis.
- Review with the Estimator and study and understand all project specifications, drawings, addendums, correspondence and proposals and determine the appropriate construction methods to complete the work in timely and efficient manner.
- Take action and coordinate with Supervisors and Project Managers to deal with results of delays, bad weather and or emergencies.
- Discuss with supervisory personnel, estimators, project managers, owners, contractors and design professionals to discuss and resolve matters such and work procedures, complaints and construction issues.
- Managing the day-to-day field activities to ensure that the project milestone dates and overall schedule completion date is met.
- Work with the Construction Manager to create short-interval look-ahead project schedules that make sure that upcoming events are communicated, tracked and are being proactively accomplished
- Creating and maintaining a culture that values safety, health and cleanliness
- Managing and coordinating the work to ensure that it is constructed in an orderly and deliberate manner that is consistent with the standard-of-care set forth in the contract documents that is viewed by industry as an effort that is consistent with best-practices standards
- Establishing and maintaining all dimensional controls for the project to include the use of third party survey and layout personnel when appropriate
- Contacting, scheduling and obtaining all inspections and ensuring that the quality aspects of the physical work are fully documented
- Ensuring all aspects of the project are compliant with all contract terms and legal requirements that govern the project and the community in which the project(s) takes place
- Administering client specific programs, such as CQC, Safety, Environmental Stewardship, etc.
- Conducting and/or attending pre-bid, pre-construction, progress and other project and staff meetings
- Conducting and/or participating in regularly held meetings involving internal staff and external stake holders such as owners, subcontractors, etc.
McCloskey Partners is working on behalf of our client to fill this position. The successful candidate will be expected to work out of our client's headquarters in Green Lane, PA for the first 60 days. After which time, they are expected to work on site at the project location in Philadelphia. The Successful candidate will split their time between being a working Project Manager and performing the tasks as a Laborer.